POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Phalanx version 3 (final?) : Re: Phalanx version 3 (final?) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Phalanx version 3 (final?)
From: David Fontaine
Date: 7 Aug 2001 15:44:02
Message: <3B7042BE.A8300A69@faricy.net>
Sander wrote:

> The idea of blurring the foreground is fine: but IMO the castle should
> be in focus. The point is that one is wondering about the castle: what
> are they going to do to defend themselves. But now you can't see
> enough...

In the current version, the castle is not under attack...
Still, I was reluctant to blur the castle much, but I want the phalanx
to be the focus, and I want visible depth of field from the right file
to the left file.  Moving the castle closer cuts out too much of the
landscape IMO, and the facade is kinda featureless anyway.  I think a
large part of the problem is that the phalanx is entirely in the left
half of the image, and the castle entirely in the right.  If everything
was shifted right a bit it might help to bring the focus on the
phalanx.  I don't think I have the patience to do too much more with it
though.

> The scene is OK to me :)

Thanks.