POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : 64 bit or 32 bit? : Re: 64 bit or 32 bit? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:35:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 64 bit or 32 bit?
From: Thomas
Date: 3 Aug 2001 07:46:40
Message: <3B6A8F00.35718D67@gmx.net>
Are you sure that the ABI of AIX and Mac is similar enough to make sure that it
doesn't cause any problems? The PowerPC ABI for embedded application is different
AFAIK ( the one generated by the Metaware compiler)

Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> IPS: In theory Macs should emulate all Power 32 bit instructions.  Of course
> it would slow down things :-)

Interesting that it does, but I'm pretty sure I can get it to make pure PowerPC
stuff.

Thomas