POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP : Re: WIP Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 3 Aug 2001 04:55:18
Message: <3B6A66EE.21BD3772@ignorancia.org>

> A work in progress - it started as a half formed response to the current
> IRTC theme but I doubt I'll have time to finish it, not to mention the fact
> that the other half of the idea hasn't formed at all. There are lots of
> details still to be sorted but I thought I'd get your opinions before I
> finished it.

  Hey, Mick, don't be so picky, this is much more than "half a picture".
As it is, it must place near the top. I think you don't need much more
to have a good IRTC entry. So, here are the comments:

  1) I don't understand lighting. Perhaps the foreground is bellow a
cloud, while the mountains not? I think shadows are very important in
giving depth, and will like to see shadows on this image. What about
having on the foreground some zones of penumbra and other with direct
sunlight? (That is, simulating clouds shadows).

  2) The water is no much visible. Don't know what to suggest... perhaps
more reflection?

  For the rest, excellent work. The object placement is perfect, and
textures are very realistic. The composition is very peaceful, too.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org/