POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Site + Rad slowdown : Re: New Site + Rad slowdown Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:13:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Site + Rad slowdown
From: David Fontaine
Date: 2 Aug 2001 13:15:37
Message: <3B6988A7.708F6B09@faricy.net>
Thomas Lake wrote:

> http://www.gabocorp.com/bumper.4/
>
> Have your speakers on!

I get:

You currently don't have the flash 5 plug-in installed.
Because our design work is primarily done using this plug-in, it is
required to view this site.
Please download it from Macromedia by clicking here.
Once you have it installed, please reload this page.

I'm quite reluctant to listen to stuff like this anymore rather than
just completely ignoring the page.  Maybe this site is worth getting the
plugin, but I hate getting plugins, and _most_ sites that require them
aren't worth getting them.  Flash probably is not too bad of one, but a
lot of "plugins" install more than just the plugin, spew their data all
over your system so you can't completely get rid of them, have no
uninstaller, are horribly bloated, and/or keep trying to put themselves
in start-up (cough cough RealPlayer cough CometCursor cough cough).
That's why mp3.com is a POS site, they try to make you use RealPlayer...

Well, I decided to get the plugin and check, despite my better
judgement.  What is it about Flash that it invariably has crappy sound?
I found some "quality" option in the right-click menu, that helped a
little.