POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : 64 bit or 32 bit? : 64 bit or 32 bit? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  64 bit or 32 bit?
From: Thomas
Date: 1 Aug 2001 12:40:18
Message: <3B6830E4.586F52D@gmx.net>
Hi,

I finally managed to get the IBM xlc compiler on AIX to compile povray
(See my note in povray.unix) and I was going through the options and saw
that I can generate 64 bit code and 32 bit code, any clue if this will
make a difference to pov's performance? Or will will it have any other
side effect's?

And BTW has anyone ever run pov on Itanium machine? apparently they are
pretty good at floating point operations?

Regards,

Thomas