POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : YMPRF final (~110k) : Re: YMPRF final (~110k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YMPRF final (~110k)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 26 Jul 2001 09:11:53
Message: <3B60170F.403DB754@ignorancia.org>

> In general lower pretrace_end leads to better quality, but very often
> 1/image_width is more than necessary.  It should correspond to
> error_bound, there meaning a lower error_bound should have a lower
> pretrace_end.

  But, if so, how Gilles radiosity scenes look so nice? I my self tried
just now pretrace start and end to 1 with my current irtc entry, and the
result is a 30% faster than with the recommended settings. And,
strangely, the result seems to be more "natural" although it has some
artifacts. Perhaps for "dirty" scenes it adds some irregularity that
looks better to our "anti-perfectly-clean" minds. In any case, I would
stick to 1 at least for that concrete scene, cause it renders faster and
the result looks slightly better.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia