POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : YMPRF final (~110k) : Re: YMPRF final (~110k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:10:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YMPRF final (~110k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 26 Jul 2001 09:01:34
Message: <3B60151B.91A6F755@gmx.de>
Scott Hill wrote:

>     This is one of the aspects of radiosity that I just don't understand -
> from reading the docs I don't see how or why error_bound and pretrace_end
> are related...

I don't have a precise technical explanation, but with high error_bound
lower pretrace_end values have no effect.  In other words, if you use
1/image_width, you will be on the safe side concerning quality, but the
last pretrace steps are totally unnecessary for the result.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>