POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Python and POVRay : Re: Python and POVRay Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:32:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Python and POVRay
From: Alessandro Coppo
Date: 26 Jul 2001 06:30:35
Message: <3B5FF1C4.4010904@iol.it>
Risto Varanka wrote:

> Funny, I was just about to restart work on my Python project for
> creating .pov files when I came across this thread ;)
>
> Creating our scenes using programming languages is a rather
> interesting subject, because programming languages are
> extremely powerful. We can define the scene in our own
> concepts and build our own interfaces. We can integrate with the
> rest of the OS platform, eg. to visualize IP router or WWW server
> logs :) I had been thinking of many of the ideas people proposed
> in this thread, it only strikes me as funny that nobody proposed
> reading the objects etc. to render from a SQL database ;)

Well, here I announce it officially: I am doing this thing, using Java.
I have to first stabilize a foundation library then I will be able to
start delivering JPOVAPI (Java POVray API). I expect to cover most of
Pov3.1 by Christmas 2001.

Bye!!!

P.S.: no more requests for POV language improvements. I do not need them
anymore...