POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : hand made throne : Re: hand made throne Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hand made throne
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 23 Jul 2001 11:33:20
Message: <3B5C442C.D2652DDE@gmx.de>
Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba wrote:

> I made throne from isowood. It was possible when I added some extensions to
> Christoph Hormann's IsoWood Include File. If there is any person interested with
> turning-lathe addition I must consult original author first. Also I must noticed
> that there are some random artefacts on pictures contained isowoodsurfaces (for
> example black line on the right foot in front view). They appear randomly and
> sometimes eat even half of object. I don't know what is the reason - iso-engine,
> orthographic camera, hot air or included files.

Artefacts in isosurfaces are often a sign of insufficient max_gradient.
In the IsoWood include you can change this with 'CH_Wood_ISOmaxgrad'.

It looks good, but the surfaces seem perfectly smooth while the include
file was made for structured surfaces. As it is now, using isosurfaces is
fairly unnecessary.

And of course i would like to see that extension you made for the include
file.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>