POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : YMPRF (Take 2) : Re: YMPRF (Take 2) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YMPRF (Take 2)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 23 Jul 2001 09:53:56
Message: <3B5C2D1D.9ECF1048@inapg.inra.fr>
Thomas Lake wrote:

> I could do that but it would really be dissapointing if I had to, a good
> part of what makes the image nice are the smooth walls.

I think Alf is right though. I'm under the impression that it's quite impossible
to obtain both artefact-free walls and sharp shadows in the corners when using
the present implementation of Megapov's radiosity, at least for those who'd like
to see the finished render in their lifetime ;-).
However, when using irregular patterns on the walls (or even image maps), the
problem tends to disappear (read: to become less noticeable) and the results may
be fairly good.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com