POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CDROM Case (png) Final : Re: CDROM Case (png) Final Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CDROM Case (png) Final
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 20 Jul 2001 15:30:36
Message: <3B5886D0.AA74802E@ignorancia.org>

> its a very complex csg (the bright green hides the detail unfortunatly) -

 Yes, I see it if I look closely.

> with aa, 2 5x5 area lights, and the rad lighting it crawls...

  Not only this. You're using a damn slow combination: "area_light +
radiosity + transparency". Try a test with a opaque texture for the
plastic cover and you will see render time decrease. I've on my hands a
scene with radiosity and 3 huge arealights, and the it renders not too
bad until it reaches the first glass bottle. "Complicated CSG +
radiosity" seems to not have such a drastic effect on render times if
you don't make it transparent.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia