POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Where have all the POVers gone? : Re: Where have all the POVers gone? Server Time
15 May 2024 23:40:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where have all the POVers gone?
From: Dearmad
Date: 19 Jul 2001 16:58:42
Message: <3B574A99.B911524C@qwest.net>
For me it came down to what I wanted to be able to do
in an animation.  Programming my own in-betweener
program and trying to link it into my work flow using
Moray and POLYRAY was fun, but I noticed my models kept
wanting to get more and more organic and I wanted to be
able to animate control points in bezier patches,
etc...  I had had Hash AM before but found going from a
CSG/scripting background a spline-based modeller too
hard, but thought I'd try it again and lo and behold I
am modelling at full tilt now without problems and
LOVING all the additional power I have to animate.

For mathematical animation I still use POLYRAY and my
Tweener program and hand coding, but for character
animation, AM is pretty sweet.  I wouldn't want to be
in the middle of my current project using POV or
POLYRAY- I would not anywhere near as far into it as I
am already.

For me it isn't the raytracer per se (thought hat is
part of it) but in getting the data to the raytracer in
such a way that I am *animating* rather than
scripting/programming all the time.

-peter
--
http://www.users.qwest.net/~dearmad