POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CDROM Case (png) Final : Re: CDROM Case (png) Final Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CDROM Case (png) Final
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 19 Jul 2001 12:48:41
Message: <3B570FCE.4DD4D018@gmx.de>
"Rick [Kitty5]" wrote:

> its a very complex csg (the bright green hides the detail unfortunatly) -
> takes a 6 hours with 1 point light, no aa (with case side detail its over a
> day)
>
> with aa, 2 5x5 area lights, and the rad lighting it crawls...

Hmm, if i have a look at a CD-Case it does not look that complicated to me
(apart from the Compact-disc logo, which could easily be done with a
heightfield)

It would probably be usefule to simplify it to some extend so it renders
faster, like you already said right now you don't see that much detail
anyway.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>