POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP Castle (50k) : Re: IRTC WIP Castle (50k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:14:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP Castle (50k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 15 Jul 2001 12:12:29
Message: <3B51C14F.E3CB6E7@gmx.de>
Peter Cracknell wrote:

> I've been working on the scene, but got a little stuck for ideas.  Any
> suggestions, I was planning on adding some of Rune's Lava (with his
> permission of course) but have gone of the idea of Lava.  Any suggestions on
> how to improve heightfields, should I look around for some good shareware
> and if so are there any recommendations to help me improve the heightfield.
> Thanks

Povray itself is a very useful tool for creating heightfields.   Just
start with an orthographic camera and a plane, maybe add the castle model
for reference while designing the terrain, and then play with patterns,
color maps etc.

When you have finished, just do a larger render with 'hf_gray_16 on' and
use the resulting picture as heightfield file.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>