POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : It's been a while! : Re: It's been a while! Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's been a while!
From: David Fontaine
Date: 14 Jul 2001 20:46:44
Message: <3B50E5CA.484FEAA6@faricy.net>
Mike Metheny wrote:

> z - f(z) / f'(z) gives us our new guess.

Of course!  Well, I've only had a year of calculus.  It makes sense now,
thanks.

I'm sure the visulaization problem had something to do with complex
number plane not being a Euclidean geometry or something like that.
Like that whole "complex time" crap in the Stephen Hawking book...  I
suppose I'll learn all this after ten years of post-graduate set theory.
;)