POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Apartment rad (take 1) : Re: Apartment rad (take 1) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Apartment rad (take 1)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 14 Jul 2001 07:03:19
Message: <3B50277B.8FDE32B3@inapg.inra.fr>
Thomas Lake wrote:

> Hmm no it doesn't stall on a Rhino model, though I do have two large Rhino
> meshes in the scene. But they are closer to the top of the image, it stalls
> at the bottom of the image, just below the bed. Thanks for the note though,
> I had no idea Megapov had this problem, is this a problem with Megapov
> itself or does it have more to do with Rhino's output?

It's a Megapov problem. In fact many meshes have a couple of 0 normals and
usually it doesn't cause any trouble, but when it does, the symptoms look
exactly like the ones you describe, with Megapov entering an infinite loop in
some very particular circumstances (render size, position etc.).

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com