POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : new pattern simulating a wall of interlocking rectangular stones of unequal size : Re: new pattern simulating a wall of interlocking rectangular stones of unequal size Server Time
2 May 2024 13:56:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new pattern simulating a wall of interlocking rectangular stones of unequal size
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 13 Jul 2001 11:56:08
Message: <3B4F1AC9.160D7877@comtrade.ee>
Jim Snow wrote:
> extra note:  I tried out Megapov 0.7 today - My patch didn't work quite
> right without adding &0xFFF to the arguments to Hash2d(int, int).  Strange.

Macro HashXd was changed in last version of MegaPOV, see file texture.h,
there is conditional directive:
#ifdef NoiseTranslateFixPatch
In megapov news ( http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm ) probably this
line refers to it:
7. Fixed a bug, reported by Nicolas Calimet, in the TransformPatch
(9.2.9)
Unfortunately I don't remember, what was the proble with this
transformation.

In order to fix this 'nicely' you have to use conditional compilation:
#ifdef NoiseTranslateFixPatch
// use this:
x = Hash2d(a&0xfff, b&0xfff);
#else
x = Hash2d(a, b);
#end
#endif

I had the same problem when merged my code with MegaPOV.