POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Slackware 8.0 : Re: Slackware 8.0 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Slackware 8.0
From: Adrien Beau
Date: 12 Jul 2001 03:59:57
Message: <3B4D5906.E752C2F0@sycomore.fr>
I've installed it last week-end.

As nice as always. I just wished the team had the time to
update more docs, because some are really outdated (and
marked as such), and this can give the impression to the
newcommer that he is entering an old museum.

I've not had time to play with it much, however, because
one of the first things I installed afterwards was Unreal
Tournament, and I can say it has eaten quite a lot of
CPU cycles since (and quite a lot of my night hours, too).

BTW, I happen to know one of the first persons to have
installed it, worldwise. He was just wandering around the
FTP site when he noticed the ISOs had been released. He
actually had time to download them before the whole world
came and kept the server on its knees for several days.

--
Adrien Beau - adr### [at] freefr - http://adrien.beau.free.fr
 Mes propos n'engagent que moi et en aucun cas mes employeurs