POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : first posting : Re: first posting Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: first posting
From: j charter
Date: 11 Jul 2001 18:10:57
Message: <3B4CFA17.436B362C@aol.com>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> That looks really good, some nitpicking anyway:
>
> - the sun looks fairly dark for such a clear sky.

I agree, the sun is a disc + a glow, maybe I'll try a media object instead.

> - the water usually should not be brighter than the sky, in megapov make
> sure you have conserve_energy specified in the finish.

used:
#declare t_water =  texture {
                                pigment {color rgbf <1, 1, 1, 1>}
                                finish {phong 1 phong_size 90 diffuse 0
ambient 0
                                        conserve_energy
                                        reflection_min .3
                                        reflection_max .7
                                        reflection_falloff 2
                                }
                }
#declare interior_water = interior {
        ior 1.33
        media {
                absorption <.1, .05, .05> samples 2, 2
        }
}

> - the boat looks nice, but the parts lit by the sun should be brighter
> than the rest, right now it looks totally uniform.

Yes though the only plane that catches the light in the photo is the far
forward edge of the roof overhang on the cabin and one glaring window pane.
Maybe I'll rotate the boat a bit and see if I can pick that up