POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : first posting : Re: first posting Server Time
18 Aug 2024 00:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: first posting
From: j charter
Date: 11 Jul 2001 08:55:51
Message: <3B4C77DB.69B2BA75@aol.com>
Is wrote:

> man that is cool.

thankyou

> is the boat detailed out or is it just a rough model?

I was working from a photo so the hull underwater is just guessed at, also I
need to model the stern in more detail, but they largely left open, as shown
in my model, on these tugs, as that is where much of the work hauling and
laying nets takes place.  But the doors and ports on the far side at there as
well as the ports in the back of the wheelhouse.

The scene also was rendered with radiosity, is the lighting believable?

> I think it's great! I don't see models like this very often at all.
> the background stuff could use a lot more detail and there could be a
> grunge applied to everything, but it's a great scene.

Yes, really there is a whole yard of tugs docked in the background
Thanks again