POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing with Clutter macro again... : Re: Playing with Clutter macro again... Server Time
18 Aug 2024 02:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing with Clutter macro again...
From: Dearmad
Date: 8 Jul 2001 14:19:29
Message: <3B48A499.53D92229@qwest.net>
JRG wrote:

> Now the normal calculation takes into account and averages 5 normal vectors
> (which don't seem to be sufficient) in the area around every object.

Don't seem to be sufficient for what?  It works
perfectly for what it does.  It would be nice to use
both otions you've tried from one point to the 5 here.
If you're trying to simulate trees or something, just
normalize the angles as straight "up" (toward the SUN)-
and maybe randomize the angle a little bit from there-
that's how they seem grow, they don't concern
themselves with the angle of the surface, just the
angle of the sun.

> Added the possibility to define a grayscale map which controls the
> interpolation between two different textures for every object.
> In this example 1000 spheres are placed with no probability map but with a
> texture map (a simple gradient x, but it may be an image map as well), while
> 1000 cylinders are placed following a checker pattern and with a texture map
> (a simple gradient z).
> Who wants the code (not finished yet) can e-mail me.
> I'm having an exam on thursday so I won't go on with this macro next week.

Exam or macro... which is really more important!?

-peter

--
http://www.users.qwest.net/~dearmad
Why bother?  I'm not interesting.