POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wimshurst (take 2) : Wimshurst (take 2) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 02:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Wimshurst (take 2)
From: John Williamson
Date: 7 Jul 2001 13:37:51
Message: <3B4748D5.77FEFE3F@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Hi again,
This is my improved model of the machine. I haven't adjusted the size of
the leyden jars - most machines I've seen seem to have this type of
small, thin jars. Also,  the rather distracting shadow of the handle is
unintentional; I think I must have left a fill light in by mistake! I
tweaked the curves on this image with Photoshop to increase the
brightness, because I really didn't want to have to rerender with
different settings.

I STILL haven't rendered finsished a sparking version  - it was only 20%
after 15 hours, so I've given up until I optmize it a bit. Attatched
below the image of the machine is the results of using my
spark-with-glows macro with two chrome spheres so you can see what it
should look like (eventually).

--John

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'wim2nd.jpg' (59 KB) Download 'sparky.jpg' (22 KB)

Preview of image 'wim2nd.jpg'
wim2nd.jpg

Preview of image 'sparky.jpg'
sparky.jpg