POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Simply because I can (27kbbu) : Re: Simply because I can (27kbbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 02:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simply because I can (27kbbu)
From: David Fontaine
Date: 7 Jul 2001 00:27:04
Message: <3B468DC6.1D102495@faricy.net>
I designed a model rocket kind of like this with short little tubes on
the end of each fin.  It's probably the straightest-flying model rocket
I had... got mangled after ejection failure.  I was thinking of adding
four of the little half-A (is that what they were called? haven't flown
a rocket in a few years) engines, one in each tube.  Of course I would
have had to substantially modify the fins (tubes were open as is), I
would need a much higher amp launch battery to ignite them all
simultaneously, and I would have to find a much bigger field...  and it
would have been expensive to fly with five engines!  Hmm, I should go
rebuild it...