POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hydraulics (141 kbu) : Re: Hydraulics (141 kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 02:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hydraulics (141 kbu)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 4 Jul 2001 04:44:04
Message: <3B42D7AD.13245422@gmx.de>
Sigmund Kyrre Aas wrote:

> I've started to experiment with combining Rhino renders with pov
> renders. The side thruster one is also processed in Corel Photo-Paint.

It looks good, i will have to try that Corel-Photo-Paint filter too...

> I'm working on a brouchure for a manufacturer of hydraulic equipment,
> and I plan to use these on pages with general info on the different
> product groups. The last one is cropped from the cover. I'm not happy
> with the arrangement.. it's sort of messy yet.

Have you thought about placing the equipment on some base rather than
directly on the water?  I would also try removing reflection or making it
blurred on the painted parts, that would also make them better to
distinguish from the polished metal.

> Water material and clouds are based on Kevin Ellis' "Doorway to
> Enlightenment".

Nice, but i think the water looks not cold enough for a norwegian firm.
:-)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>