POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eternally ascending : Re: Eternally ascending Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eternally ascending
From: Reusser
Date: 2 Jul 2001 21:21:49
Message: <3B411CE6.FA65E63C@chorus.net>
Tom Melly wrote:

> Thanks - got a nice big version for my desktop now. One curiosity, when you know
> what to look for, the radiosity gives the game away, since it is missing on the
> fake join (i.e. the face of the step casts no colour onto the next step).

Hmmmm.  Didn't think about that.  If I had really been trying, I would have used
megapov's no_image statement on a fake step above the highest.  Would that work or
would it be no better than no step?  If not that, it would be possible to just put
a step cut in half so it could cast a shadow on the highest step while also showing
radiosity.

 - Rico