POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : white spots on *ALL* raytracers : Re: white spots on *ALL* raytracers Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:32:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: white spots on *ALL* raytracers
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 30 Jun 2001 10:12:59
Message: <3B3DDE73.41D83A58@ignorancia.org>
Peter Popov wrote:
> Is you glibc changed?
> Did you compile pov with -ffash-math?
> What level of optimization did you use when compiling?
> Have you upgraded zlib or pnglib?

  No, that all does not matter now, I've downgraded again to RH6.2, so
now the libraries are the same. I even restored all the hardware, except
the m.b., and it does nothing... With the old m.b., renders crashed more
often, but never showed white dots. Now, they crash rarely, but always
have the sopts on all reflective surfaces, and the crahses are silent.
Just now, while trying many different scenes, one showed an error
message
when crashing at the first pixel:

>Rendering error.
>internal failure in function solve_sq_hit1: 0, nan, nan

  hmmmm.... Has anyone any idea of which situations can lead to this
error?

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia