POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eternally ascending : Re: Eternally ascending Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:14:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eternally ascending
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 29 Jun 2001 11:39:59
Message: <3B3CA19F.4DF807A@gmx.de>
Reusser wrote:

> Well, I got the idea from illusionworks.com and I just had to try it.
> What do you think?  Is it more confusing that it's 4x4 and 3x3 at the
> same time or that it eternally de/ascends?  Is it worth developing into
> a scene?

IMO it looks good as it is, but adding some more absurdities could be
interesting of course.

I must admit i don't know how it works, could you post the geometry?

> My other question is this.  Is there any way to 'fake' perspective?  Can
> you map a texture so that it decreases in size with distance?  I can't
> take much more of this orthographic stuff...

You can use a gradient pattern with a texture map and a lot of differently
scaled textures. Another possibility would ba a megapov displace warp.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>