POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : white spots on *ALL* raytracers : white spots on *ALL* raytracers Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:34:05 EDT (-0400)
  white spots on *ALL* raytracers
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 26 Jun 2001 06:23:05
Message: <3B38628F.B5E5674@ignorancia.org>
Hi All:

  I was using POV-Ray, UniMegaPov and POVMan on my R.H. 6.2 Linux box
without problem since yesterday... some days ago I updated the OS to
R.H. 7.0, and all worked fine: all the renderers where working properly.
Since then, I installed some other packages on the system without
aparent problem, but, at some point, all my renders started to show
hundreds of strange white spots everywhere on the output image, even
with the text-only version of POV-Ray.

  I'm sure this is something about my system software. Perhaps I updated
some librarie that introuced some bug... but I can't find it. I
uninstaled or downgraded all the packages I recently installed, but with
no result.

  This "strange white spots" mistery happened already to someone? Any
help is appreciated: after all the effort I made to have my new AMD
1,2Ghz working properly, it's eally fustrating that now I can't render
anything...

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia