POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bezier patch problem : Re: bezier patch problem Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bezier patch problem
From: Reusser
Date: 25 Jun 2001 12:37:56
Message: <3B3767D5.F935BFE1@chorus.net>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> more efficient - maybe
> more precise - no way, bezier patches are internally converted to meshes
> so they have a limited accuracy, while blobs are not (and most problems
> with artefacts can be solved by adding 'sturm')

By precise, I meant the control over the appearance, not necessarily the
mathematical precision.  Isn't there an accuracy setting anyway?  For me, the main
problem with blobs is that the transitions between the joints are too abrupt.  You
can see this in your example.  I was hoping to recreate the smooth, flowing look of
the frame.

 - Rico