POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bezier patch problem : Re: bezier patch problem Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:12:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bezier patch problem
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 25 Jun 2001 11:59:34
Message: <3B376044.2DCA9C54@gmx.de>
Reusser wrote:

> Try looking at:
>
> http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2001/road/5200_main.html
>
> This is the bike that I am trying to make.  I personally find bezier patches to
> be much more efficient and precise than blobs, and I also wanted to be able to
> make non-elliptical tubes and use uv-mapping.

more efficient - maybe
more precise - no way, bezier patches are internally converted to meshes
so they have a limited accuracy, while blobs are not (and most problems
with artefacts can be solved by adding 'sturm')

> For these reasons, I personally
> think that patches would make much more sense if there was a way around those
> middle points.

To do this you will have to describe the transit mathematically, probably
in form of a blob-like model - it would not look much different then in
the end.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>