POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Geodesic Take two 124K : Re: WIP Geodesic Take two 124K Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Geodesic Take two 124K
From: Dan Johnson
Date: 23 Jun 2001 20:29:55
Message: <3B3534F4.DD05014E@hotmail.com>
Bill DeWitt wrote:

> "Dan Johnson" <zap### [at] hotmailcom> wrote :
> > My translation
> > functions should be able to handle struts other than cylinders
> > appropriately, so I am trying to think about what I want to replace them
> > with.
>
>     What I want to be able to get is something that will divide a solid
> sphere into triangles (actually pyramids) so that you have each part go down
> to a little point in the center of the sphere.

Do you want the face of the pyramid on the surface to be a curve or a
flat face?  What do you want to do with the pyramids after you have
them?  Do you want them to be csg solids, or triangles, or a solid
triangle mesh?  I could probably adapt my code to do what you want if
you could be specific.
--
Dan Johnson

http://www.geocities.com/zapob