POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : GCC 3.0 install error: : Re: GCC 3.0 install error: Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GCC 3.0 install error:
From: Adrien Beau
Date: 20 Jun 2001 07:15:34
Message: <3B3085D8.ECF8F7DA@sycomore.fr>
When I don't know anything about gcc compile and installation
(I leave that to distro maintainers), but it seems that the
install script can't find a file.

What the message means is that it can't find

/home/sjlen/tmpstuff/gcc-3.0/i686-pc-linux-gnu/mkinstalldirs

Try to see if this file is somewhere else (especially if it
is one directory higher or lower, this is the kind of easy
mistake). If you find it, copy it where the script expects
it to be, or create a shortcut there with ln -s.

--
Adrien Beau - adr### [at] freefr - http://adrien.beau@free.fr