POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Underwater - various versions [53 + 59 + 68 = 180kb] : Re: Underwater - various versions [53 + 59 + 68 = 180kb] Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Underwater - various versions [53 + 59 + 68 = 180kb]
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 20 Jun 2001 04:56:03
Message: <3B306572.EF9E02A8@gmx.de>
Tom Melly wrote:

> 3 versions of the same pic - 1 plain vanilla, 1 with photons and 1 with fake
> caustics. No other param changes between versions.

The photons version looks quite strange with the ripples being very flat.

> I was hoping the photon version would give me fingers of light - in theory is
> this possible?

With media it should be, otherwise you can of course fake it with
looks_like in the light source...

> I'm going to try again tonight with some changes + radiosity.

Maybe try with some larger scale waves so you can see the caustic
structures more detailed.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>