POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Flowing Water take 4 (985KB) : Re: Flowing Water take 4 (985KB) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flowing Water take 4 (985KB)
From: Mark James Lewin
Date: 18 Jun 2001 22:38:07
Message: <3B2EB950.A73FE74B@yahoo.com.au>
Rune wrote:

> According to the tests I've done, the errors always happen at "cracks".
>
> There are small cracks both in height_fields an in CSG objects.

If the problem only occurs in these cases, try having the option of a
second (or multiple) test ray that is jittered slightly from the original
test ray. The jittering amount would have to be specific to the scene
(though it would not have to be much), and would increase claculation time,
but it might pick up these "cracks" in CSG or HFs.

MJL