POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Church : Re: Church Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Church
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 15 Jun 2001 12:18:01
Message: <3B2A356A.7F66E478@gmx.de>
John Albarelli wrote:

> HI, everyone...my first time posting, I made a church.  Questions/comments?
> I wanted to put some media in, to show some of the light rays from the large
> round rose window, but I couldn't get it to work, and it already takes 12
> hours to render.  I'd like them to be very faint.  Any help with that would
> be appreciated.  Teh source files are attached.

Welcome,
the picture looks good,  just some things would be good to change on
nearer observation.

The columns look fairly polished while the bricks are quite rough.  Not
necessarily bad, but since their texture seems quite the same...

I'm not sure about the lighting, the single candles appear to differ in
brightness and although the room seems mostly lit by them, there are
strong colored 'shadows' from the windows on the floor.

Finally the round window seems to have no rim, it look 'painted' on the
wall.  This probably also applies for the other windows, but their upper
end is at a brick boundary so this is not that visible.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>