POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP take 6 (230 kb) : Re: IRTC WIP take 6 (230 kb) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP take 6 (230 kb)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 15 Jun 2001 12:00:18
Message: <3B2A3153.F1EC509E@gmx.de>
JRG wrote:

> After a more or less satisfactory exam at University, I've made some other
> little changes. I know the scene is far to be finished, but I'm quickly
> getting bored of it...is there anyone who knows this pathology? After about
> one month of work I use to leave my scenes incomplete, just when I should
> add those little details that make a scene a good one... Anyway I completely
> agree with Robert Becraft, we do have to be fussy in order to make a
> realistic scene which tells a realistic story, the problem here is that I
> have no eletronic tools as reference and my imagination is completely dry,
> so I have no idea which other tools I could model.
> I want to thank Tom Melly for donating me his sandwich (hoping he's not
> starving now...): it looks great (the mayo macro which puts the mayonnaise
> in the sandwich with the trace() function made me go crazy!).

It looks really good, just i think the smoke looks fairly bright.
Furthermore the shadowed parts of the wood on the left look much brighter
than the left side of the book for example.  Probably reducing the ambient
would help.

As 'Is' mentioned, the table looks to clan apart from the 'writings'.
Some more (previously made) burns from the iron and some scratches would
look nice.

> Finally I have a couple of questions about some problems which puzzled me:
>   -I tried a radiosity version of the scene and I got very strange results:
> even with high quality radiosity settings (incredibly slow even with a 1Ghz
> machine...) the book looked completely yellow...I can post the image if
> someone is interested in this mistery.

I had a look at the small radiosity version and it looks fairly natural
(as far as i can see at that size)  You should expect a yellow tint with
all the wood.  The other walls of the room are important too of course,
furthermore you an vary the light source color.

And of course don't forget to turn all ambient finishes to 0 (apart from
the lamp)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>