POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Help with lighting/texturing and such : Re: Help with lighting/texturing and such Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with lighting/texturing and such
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 15 Jun 2001 11:41:24
Message: <3B2A2CE6.57968CAB@gmx.de>
Oldstench wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> The image nice-plug(in).jpg was taken from the rhino forum. It was modelled
> in Rhino and rendered in Flamingo. The image stolen_plug_idea.jpg is my
> version, modelled in Rhino, set up and textured in Moray, and rendered in
> POV. The models and positioning are obviously not going to be exact, there
> is also no focal blur. Now for what I need help with.
>
> [...]

Apart from the things already suggested (especially radiosity, reduced
ambient and reflection for the plastic), i would also consider blurred
relection.

In general when using a graphical modeller it often makes sense to do the
final tuning with a text editor in the povray source.  You are not
restricted to the possibilities Moray supports then.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>