POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Help with lighting/texturing and such : Re: Help with lighting/texturing and such Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with lighting/texturing and such
From: Ben Birdsey
Date: 14 Jun 2001 16:53:36
Message: <3B2925F4.89AA2062@mail.com>
I think things are not so bad as you think.  If you could use radiosity
to model the shadows (i.e.. in that shadowed groove of the yellow plug
to the right) and use focal blur things would look a lot better.

As far as modeling goes, it looks like you actually see light source
reflected on the plastic in the original.  I think that's why the
highlights are so saturated.  You could use the looks like keyword in
the light source declaration to make something that looks a bit like a
fluorescent light fixture.

I also agree that you need to drop your ambient down a bit, and turn the
specular, diffuse, and/or phong highlights up.  Plus, add in some amount
of reflection to the plastic.

Ben