POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : my spaceship anim test : Re: my spaceship anim test Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my spaceship anim test
From: Arne Kleinophorst
Date: 13 Jun 2001 19:47:18
Message: <3B27FC11.F426CAC8@debitel.net>
"Dean MacIsaac Jr." schrieb:

> > Hmm, but the animation is rendering without a prob if you throw out the
> Galaxyobject.
>
> NO...  I created a new anim just a sphere moving around a triangle then
> slowly added pieces to it, like the galaxy, and it worked everytime.  only
> proving the software was working, and the issue was in my spaceship scene,
> which does not animate...

 Hmmm, the only binary i can find within moroay.binaries with bitmaps
included is the one with the texture2.bmp & this mdl-file is rendering
quite o.k.! IF you throw out the galaxy object. Which in my opinion
doesn't need to mean that the galaxy object isn't working in animations
but means that it's not working in that one. Which isn't really a help,
I guess.
When working with the anim-plugin I tried to stick just to the basic
moray objects just to make sure it's working. In the plugin v0.21?
readme, i guess, there was something vaguely stated about using other
plugins for using other pluginsbut i guess thats untested & unconfirmed.
I'd be really happy to see this feature implemented, but if i understand
it right it requires some changes within the moray-code. So i'm not
sure, whether this whole thing is supposed to work anyway.

so far

Arne