POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Install on Solaris 8 : Re: Install on Solaris 8 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Install on Solaris 8
From: Dennis Clarke
Date: 13 Jun 2001 19:22:11
Message: <3B27F5AD.C1B7ACDF@interlog.com>
Geez!  Thanks.  I thought I was going nuts when I tried to compare the two
files and they looked the same to me.  The system that I ran my test on was also
running a database server with about a Gig of data indexed on it.  I figured
that it was a dual CPU system so no harm in getting one CPU to do some work for
a while.  I ended up with a time that was slow by just a little bit.  There must
be a way to get POV-Ray to run a little faster.  What about a compile for the
Sparc V9a processor?  A completely 64bit binary.  Would that make any real
difference or just create a really large binary file.

Dennis