POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC-WIP4 (246 kb) : Re: IRTC-WIP4 (246 kb) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:12:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC-WIP4 (246 kb)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 11 Jun 2001 17:32:04
Message: <3B253914.F5601B91@gmx.de>
Norbert Kern wrote:

> hi all,
>
> a minor update for my random nature pic.
> I changed lights, some textures and added or exchanged some plants.

The fill light is definitely an improvement, just a bit too strong maybe.
The problem about fill lights is that they light everything equally and
some parts too strong because of that.  In megapov you could try to use
light groups for individual lighting of the single trees, but that would
be quite a lot of work.

The texturing looks good, just the shadow on the water looks fairly dark,
it's the darkest area in the whole scene, the grass in the shadow under
the trees should probably be quite similarly dark.

The ferns in the foreground part are not that good IMO, i think with only
the grass it looks better.

> peak mem 669 MB (near collapse)
> parse time 3h 17 m
> render time (AA0.1) 17 h 5 m