POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ocean's Edge 2 (40kbu) : Re: Ocean's Edge 2 (40kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ocean's Edge 2 (40kbu)
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 7 Jun 2001 21:21:46
Message: <3B2028B8.28C9376@videotron.ca>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> I've changed the ocean function, toned down the area light and added a
> couple
> of clouds. Render time ~20 hours
>
> I thought about adding some birds or plants, but I kinda like the desolate
> look.
>
> Comments?

Very good, however...

The water seems to be a tad too reflective.  It does look more like snow
than water.  There should also be, as J. Charter pointed out, smaller
wavelets and ripples on the big waves.

Since most of the illumination comes from the setting sun, the back side
of the rocks and the structure should be almost black.  The structure
doesn't appear to have any shadow.

How come the Sun is a bright yellow, yet the highlight it produces on
the water is almost white?

> Suggestions?

- Moss/algae on the rocks.
- The rocks should be wet around the water level.  At least as high as
the waves hit.
- Foam near the rock edges (although I think this would prove rather
hard to do!)

You probably want to kill me by now, so I'll shut up.

--
Francois Labreque | Now, at this point, I am not even going to tell you
    flabreque     | to twiddle your knob, because as we all know, you