POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ilthanalg colonist ship - area light problem (JPG, 28 KB) : Ilthanalg colonist ship - area light problem (JPG, 28 KB) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  Ilthanalg colonist ship - area light problem (JPG, 28 KB)
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 7 Jun 2001 16:40:52
Message: <3B1FE788.6A6F5C7@ndh.net>
Hi Tracers!

Finally I started with my first real big project - a giant colonist
spaceship providing room for more than 400,000 people in 352 cylindrical
habitation modules arranged in octagonal metal frameworks around a
7-mile-long central body containing, among other facilities, the thrust
engines and large spherical incubators for hatching genetically
engineered terraforming pioneer lifeforms. The habitation modules are
grouped in clusters of eight, each module has 16 levels, each level 10
(or 11) apartment sections.

In the image, you see the inner parlor (later, I will add some railing
along its inner edge, and of course an elevator system connecting the 16

position of the module cylinder.  The area lights are x, y, 1, 4,
adaptive 1, no jitter. But I just can't imagine why the lighting is so
patchy close to the lamp! It can't be a question of brilliance as I set
the value for the walls fairly low, to 0.1 - but what is it then?

Hoping for hints...

... see you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message