POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Le Divan D'Ivan [Until I Get My New Computer Running] Final (~205kau) : Re: Le Divan D'Ivan [Until I Get My New Computer Running] Final (~205kau) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:12:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Le Divan D'Ivan [Until I Get My New Computer Running] Final (~205kau)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 7 Jun 2001 09:08:43
Message: <3B1F7D3C.3CB083C8@gmx.de>
"Tony[B]" wrote:

> This is the final render for now. I used 4 recursions for the radiosity. It
> took about 15.5 hours at 1940x1200. I added a color picture of pre-1917
> Russia outside, mapped cylindrically onto a sky_sphere. I hate the couch.
> The rest is OK, I think. Let me know if you agree. If you don't, well, too
> bad. :)

The outside image_map looks good, but the lighting seems inconsequent now,
the windows and the landscape look quite cloudy with diffuse lighting,
while there is direct sunlight on the interior.  I also think the normal
on the glass is slightly too strong.

Have you thought about making the windows larger?

> I'm not touching this till I get my 1.33GHz computer running. <Looks
> with yearning at the parts scattered about in a corner of his room.> <sighs>

What a waste of... ;-)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>