POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Curve surfaces for glGobbler : Curve surfaces for glGobbler Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Curve surfaces for glGobbler
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 6 Jun 2001 16:25:09
Message: <3B1E92E4.212A99C7@yahoo.com>
Okay, I'll probably finish this game all in one night as usual.  At least for
gameplay and interface.  Then I'll work out with the sounds...

But I've been trying to make a good POV-Ray snake, and all I could do is the
head after a few hours of play with the blob, then I tried adding the body with
blobed cylinders and it would never give the results I would like to...

I think I'll try making a straight snake then cut it into pieces and curve these
parts using Chris' bend #include file...

But I was wondering as for tricks hints, since I was thinking on animating it,
for the movement, and other things like when it eats a chunk of food, or when it
crashes on a rock (I thought about making the snake go Inside-out and eat itself
when it collision with something, so it Never stops moving and you don't see it
clearly when it loses some length unit in the process ;)...

Any documentation or tutorial for making such kind of object would be very
appreciated!

Thanks,
  Simon

--