POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : File sizes : Re: File sizes Server Time
20 Jul 2024 07:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: File sizes
From: Ken
Date: 1 Jun 2001 22:22:30
Message: <3B184D4C.D95D3939@pacbell.net>
"Bob H." wrote:

> I was going to mention it too.  First I rechecked the posting guidelines at
> p.a.f-a-q. and didn't see any size limits stated so I didn't speak up.
> Generally it turns out to be about a OriginalFileSize*1.36=PostedFileSize,
> or a 740 KB file to keep to such a 1 MB limit.
> Seems to me I recall it being said that limits were removed and left up to
> the person doing a file attachment to try and do so within reason.

We would really appreciate it if people kept their posts under 1 meg.
The restrictions have been temporarily removed for technical reasons
but should be in place again soon. If we see any posts much over 1 meg
it will likely be cancelled by one of the news admin. to help conserve
server storage space.

--
Ken Tyler - TAG Dude