POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gravity Well 4 : Re: Gravity Well 4 Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gravity Well 4
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 1 Jun 2001 18:42:32
Message: <3B181B5C.F5A60862@yahoo.com>
>  A little more detail to show the wrapping of levels around the planets.

Wow, I wonder since in theory you wouldn't have any friction and decided to
throw a marble in this gravity well...  Well, I think if you'd look at it from a
camera angle like the one you currently have, it would just look like a marble
rolling from side to side, never stopping since there would be no friction,
etc...  but on the top side, as a 2D view of this, you would probably see the
marble orbiting around planets and accelerating near them and slowing down when
it's far away...

Which is very realisitic!

I wonder actually what it would like if the "planets" you got there were
orbiting around each other like a solar system and see the grid deform to show
the gravity change in space...  And throw the marble then!  What an animation it
would be!

--
--
 Simon Lemieux  (lem### [at] yahoocom)