POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : ik walk : Re: ik walk Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ik walk
From: Reusser
Date: 31 May 2001 20:21:29
Message: <3B16DFD1.F107426D@chorus.net>
Looking back at the old posts, I noticed Al, the walk/running alien.  I
saw your comment about IK not being very forgiving to extended legs and
I know exactly what you're talking about.  In the file I posted, I
altered the knee macro so that it would point the limb in the direction
of the ankle if the points are too far apart.  I also added in a feature
so you can set a certain amount of resistance so the knees don't snap
when they fully extend.  In my code, I set it so the limb would show the
resistance between the fully extended joint +/- the added distance of
the cushion variable.

 -Rico