POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : POV-Ray speed under Linux : Re: POV-Ray speed under Linux Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray speed under Linux
From: Adrien Beau
Date: 31 May 2001 13:27:37
Message: <3B167F1C.C00045D4@sycomore.fr>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

> So, I don't care if it is faster, bcos it's not what I
> look for... :)

I don't care (much) about the speed between the OSes. What I
wanted is top speed under Linux. Even if that top speed is
"worse" than Windows, I don't care. My experimentation was
how to bring the Linux version to maximum speed. Linux allows
you to easily recompile the programs in order to get better
performance, so why not do it? It was not yet another
Linux-is-better-that-xxx idea.

Sorry, the above paragraph is a bit confused, but I'm in
a hurry.

--
Adrien Beau - adr### [at] freefr - http://adrien.beau@free.fr