POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : ik walk : Re: ik walk Server Time
20 Jul 2024 13:11:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ik walk
From: Reusser
Date: 30 May 2001 17:42:54
Message: <3B156928.A9111869@chorus.net>
Rune wrote:

> Impressive walk cycle!
>
> I'm working with IK myself and I'm always looking for inspiration.
> I'd appreciate if you could explain how you move the feet around. Do you use
> splines for the position of the feet? And how do you control how much the
> feet point upwards/downwards - another spline?
> And what do you mean when you say that the toe detects the ground? Do you
> use trace?

Using the core of your ikleg macro that you posted for me a while ago, I just
added in support for a foot that is always perpendicular to the vector from the
ankle to the hip.  Next, I added in a rotation that rotates the foot before it
is transformed.  I just used the vectors from the matrix transformation to have
it figure out a toe point and basically raise the foot if the y-coord is below
a defined floor level.  As for the motion, I just used my own macro for
motion.  I'll post it in the binaries.scene-files group.

 - Rico